DAAD Scholarship 2023 –2024 is a fully funded award for international students. This scholarship can be used to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree at a top German university. For graduates or doctoral candidates, DAAD scholarships will cover a monthly payment of 861 euros or 1,200 euros.
Read this page thoroughly if you want to study in Germany on a scholarship. Because we will go into great detail regarding the DAAD Scholarship 2023 in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
The sustained growth of their nations depends heavily on highly qualified individuals who are connected to international partners. The best assurance that there will be less poverty, greater education, and better health for everybody rests with them. The DAAD supports the professional development of specialists from developing and newly industrialized nations through its development-focused postgraduate study programs.
For International Students
The scholarships give foreign graduates of all disciplines from developing and recently industrialized nations the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a public or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional circumstances, a doctoral degree, and to earn a degree from a German university (Master’s/PhD).
Summary of The DAAD Scholarship 2023
- Institution: DAAD
- Study in: Germany
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- you can, however, view the full list of Postgraduate Courses that are offered.
Depending on how long the selected study program is, the DAAD Scholarship period is at between 12 and 36 months.
DAAD Scholarship Deadline
The DAAD Scholarship 2022 deadline varies depending on which of the study program you have chosen; however, you can check deadlines here.
DAAD Scholarship 2023 Coverage
The perks of a DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD Study in Germany include:
- Payments range from 861 euros per month for graduates to 1,200 euros per month for doctoral students, depending on academic level.
- Allowance for travel, unless the cost is covered by the home nation or another financial source.
- payments for personal liability, health, and accident insurance.
- A one-time study grant.
- Subsidized rent every month.
- Contribution for any possible university tuition fees (up to €500 each term).
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2023
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements in order to be eligible for a DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD studies in Germany:
- Required Languages: English or German
- The instruction language for foreign programs is English. You are, however, required to present a TOEFL or IELTS score as proof of your English language proficiency.
- German is used as the instruction language for other programs. Normally, they request a German language certificate, such as the DSH or Test DaF.
- Eligible Countries:
- Candidates hold a master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (typically a four-year program).
- At least two years of professional experience are present among students.
- After receiving training or a scholarship, candidates who can demonstrate that their motivation is development-related are expected to assume social responsibility, start and support change processes in their personal and professional environments.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2023?
Please follow the steps below to apply for a DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD studies in Germany-
Step-by-step instructions for applying for and being selected for a DAAD scholarship 2023:
- Pick courses that suit your interests. (You may only apply for three courses.)
- Apply to colleges that offer those courses.
- You email the colleges your whole application(s) along with the aforementioned documentation.
- A DAAD scholarship 2023 selection committee makes recommendations for possible applicants.
- The suggested applicants will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. (DAAD will send an email with a link to the DAAD Portal.)
- The selecting procedure will be completed by the authority. The suggested candidates will be informed accordingly by DAAD.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Make sure you have a copy of every application document on hand because, if you are recommended for a DAAD scholarship, you will need to upload those documents (as PDF files) to the DAAD Portal.
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship 2023 Application
The following are the required documents needed in order to apply for the DAAD scholarship 2023
- completed and date-signed DAAD application
- CV with current date and personally signed (please use the sample euro pass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/).
- Personal letter of motivation with current date, two pages maximum, and references to present employment and preferred postgraduate program(s).
Important: If you are applying for three or more postgraduate courses, you must submit a single motivation letter outlining your reasons for applying to each degree. And the rationale for your priority selection.
- Recommendation letter from your workplace; the letter must be on letterhead, contain a signature, be official, and be recent (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) attesting to at least two years of relevant work experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application, as well as, if at all feasible, a promise that your current employer will continue hiring you when you return home.
- Proof of Language Skills
- German is a prerequisite for German-taught courses.
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- Authenticated Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Academic transcript copies with the grading scale included (If necessary, a certified translation)
- An APS Certificate must be sent along with the application materials for applicants from the People’s Republic of China.
Note: Additional paperwork could be needed for some courses. Please refer to the applicable course description in the brochure and on the relevant websites for more information. For consideration, applications must be submitted in their entirety in either English or German.
Can I Apply for more than one course under DAAD scholarship?
Yes. you may apply for as many as three courses. In the DAAD application 2023 forms (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany), please identify courses in the order of priority if you are applying to more than one course. Do not change the priorities in the relevant application form!
What are benefits of Studying in Germany?
- Quality institutions
- There are no tuition fees
- Job Opportunities
- Quality of life
- International environment
Why is Germany a great study destination for DAAD Scholarship?
Because it is located in the heart of Europe and has no tuition fees, discover why Germany can be the ideal location for doing your degree abroad.