Study for your Masters or PhD in the UK. fantastic news The moment to apply for a Rhodes Scholarship 2022 is right now. We’ll go into great detail regarding this scholarship program, its advantages, and how to apply for it in this article.
Rhodes Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship program for international students. It pays for the scholars’ academic years’ worth of tuition. The recipients of this fellowship will pursue a master’s or doctoral degree. It comprises a living allowance of £15,144 year, all college and university costs, and the university application fee.
Rhodes Scholarship 2022 Benefits
The Rhodes Scholarship provides their qualified applicants with the following scholarship benefits to enjoy:
- a yearly living allowance of £15,144;
- all college and university expenses;
- One flight in economy class each way, once to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and once back to the student’s home nation at the conclusion.
- the cost of applying to college;
- As long as the student does well in school and behaves nicely, the Scholarship is valid for two years. Those who follow an approved route to the DPhil and submit an application may be eligible to have the Scholarship renewed for a third year (PhD).
- Fee for student visas
Rhodes Scholarship 2022 Requirements
- Residence and citizenship requirements: Each applicant must satisfy the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying’s qualifications for both citizenship and residence.
- Education: All applicants must have received an honors bachelor’s degree by October. Additionally, the student’s grades must be excellent enough to meet the University of Oxford’s stringent admissions requirements. You must have a minimum GPA of 3.75/4.0 in Canada or the equivalent.
- English is a required language.
- Age: By October 1 of the year after your election, you must be at least 18 years old and no more than 28 years old, depending on your constituency. The typical upper age limit is 24 or 25. Please make sure you are aware of your district’s precise age limits before applying. Those chosen will travel to Oxford in October following the selection process. The Scholarship cannot typically be disputed.
Rhodes Scholarships 2022/23 in UK
Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
Host Organization: Rhodes Trust
Host University: University of Oxford
Fields of Study: The program offers a wide variety of courses.
Eligible Course Level: Post Graduate Courses (Masters/MPhil and PhD)
Number of scholarships: 100 fully funded scholarships for International Student that qualifies
- The curriculum vitae/resumé of applicants, or a description of their main activity, must be attached. (If applying for this scholarship, kindly do not include an image in your CV.)
- Applications must be accompanied by proof of an undergraduate or graduate academic record or transcript, either in whole or in progress (if any)
- Candidates must submit a personal essay or statement (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- Four letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to the applicant’s moral character, intelligence, and accomplishments in academics, extracurricular activities, leadership, and other areas (and who should never include people to whom you are related).
- linguistic proficiency in English (where English is not the first language). Check here for requirements.
- For age verification, applicants must submit a birth certificate, passport, or other proof of age.
- A good picture of the candidate
Each year in early July, applications for the American Rhodes Scholarship are made accessible. On Monday, October 3, 2022, at 11:59 p.m., Eastern Time in the United States, applications must be submitted. Therefore, before the deadline, all interested parties are required to submit their online applications.
Although the Rhode scholarships deadline varies from one country to another, depending on where you are applying in.
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarship 2022/23
- Applying online is possible by visiting http://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/apply and selecting the “Scholarships” button.
- Before the deadline, you must submit your application online along with any necessary supplementary materials.
- Shortlisted candidates will receive invitations to a social event and a final interview. Since there can be no accommodations made for the date, time, or method of these activities, you should be able to attend both in person. No applicant will be accepted without an interview. The Rhodes Trust will cover travel costs, which will include the price of a round-trip First Class rail ticket but not lodging costs. Costs of international travel for visitors from other nations cannot be covered.
- The general information on the Rhodes website, particularly the information under the Scholarships tab, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document, and the University of Oxford’s graduate admissions pages at www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate, should all be read before submitting an application.
- Each candidate will receive feedback on the success of their application via their registered email.