Applications for the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships are now being accepted from eligible students. All students are eligible for this fully funded scholarship award, which is provided by the Swiss Federal Council.
About ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships 2022
The ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship program, which is also funded by Swissnex in India and the Swiss embassies in Singapore and Australia, is run by the State Secretariat for Education, Research, and Innovation (SERI).
Students from Australia, India, and Singapore now have access to the Swiss university system, which combines a demanding academic curriculum with innovative thinking, thanks to the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships.
Benefits from ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships
Depending on how long you intend to remain, up to three months altogether, the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship grants a prorated amount.
Students will receive a stipend of 60 CHF/day for a maximum of 90 days from the first day of class to the last day of class at the university, taking two days for arrival and departure into account (CHF 5,400 maximum).
Eligibility for ThinkSwiss Research Scholarships
For applicant to be eligible for the Thankswiss Research Scholarships 2022, he must:
- Be enrolled at a college or institution that is recognized in Singapore, Australia, or India.
- Be enrolled in a master’s program or a bachelor’s program and have finished the second year by the time the research stay in Switzerland starts.
- Give a formal assurance that you will be accepted for a research stay in your group from a professor at a Swiss institution.
Obligations as a ThinkSwiss Awardee
- You commit to contribute to the ThinkSwiss documentations with one blog post to describe your experiences while conducting research in Switzerland if you accept this fellowship.
- Post pictures of interactions with students and instructors (which highlight variety and the caliber of the labs and research being done), pictures of campus and the city you live in, and pictures of visiting labs (showing life in the cities in Switzerland)
- You also promise to participate in at least one “student ambassador” activity once you return to your home country (make a presentation to fellow student community or promote the next ThinkSwiss call on social media etc.).
Application Required Documents
To apply, please complete the contact form below and send all required documentation by December 31st, 2022, in PDF format. Each application for this award must include the following:
- The complete online application form
- A plan for a research project (e.g. an overview of the tasks and milestones of your project that you agreed on with your host professor, max. 2 pages)
- A motivational letter outlining your reasons for deserving the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship, why you’d make a great “student ambassador,” and why Switzerland is your research destination (please keep this within 2 pages)
- A CV (no more than two pages) (no more than two pages)
- A copy of your most recent academic records, including diplomas (if applicable)
- A letter of admission from the Swiss host institution or host professor (we expect this letter to highlight the relevance of your research)
- A letter of recommendation from a professor who is currently teaching the candidate and can vouch for their talents
The application deadline for the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship is by 15th January 2023.
Contact for students in Canada
Embassy of Switzerland in Canada
Office of Science, Research and Education
5. Marlborough Avenue
K1N 8E6 Ottawa
+1 (613) 235 1837