The Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship Foundation award program is now accepting applications from all eligible applicant who are interested in the scholarship program available to emerging figurative artists.
Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship Foundation award is one of the most prominent and generous scholarships available to all up-and-coming talented artists…
With an impressive history of winners spanning more than 50 years, it is one of the oldest.
Its reach is particularly distinctive because it is open to students and artists all over the world.
Funding Information for Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship Foundation 2023
Note that this scholarship grant is only available for Artists.
- Each of the first grants is worth $15,000 CAD.
- The following grants are each worth $18,000 CAD.
- For the creation of abstract or non-objective art, the Foundation does not offer financial support. Candidates must use a representational style in their paintings, drawings, sculptures, or prints. No other artistic endeavors or fields are supported.
Eligibility Criteria Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship Foundation
- Candidates must be in the beginning stages of their careers, either as students or as rising artists just starting out. Grants are not meant to provide project or job funding for more seasoned or mature artists.
- The Foundation has no restrictions on geography, nationality, or residency; qualified applicants from any country may apply for its grants.
- Applications cannot be made on behalf of or for the benefit of another person; rather, they must be made by individuals acting on their own behalf.
- Individuals are not allowed to submit applications on behalf of groups or organizations, nor are artistic groups, collectives, or organizations eligible.
- To be eligible, applicants must be at least 18 years old and cannot be more than 41 years old when they submit their application for a first grant.
- Candidates who have already been awarded a grant are still eligible to apply for additional grants after turning 41 as long as they continue to meet all other eligibility standards.
- One year after receiving a grant from the Foundation and adhering to its terms and conditions, grantees may submit an application for a second or third grant.
- (I) The success of their prior donation;
- (ii) Their most recent application was turned down.
- Those who have previously applied for a grant but were unsuccessful may reapply two years after their initial application deadline.
Particularly, the following are outside the Foundation’s purview and are not qualified for funding:
- Decorative arts;
- Digital art;
- Graphic design;
- Video art;
- Any work that is produced using computer software or graphics, a photograph or digital image as the primary medium, or any work that predominantly fits into one of the aforementioned categories.
Eligibility Requirements and How to Apply
When applying for the Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship Foundation award program, the applicant must provide the following application requirements:
- Applicant’s full name
- Applicant’s stage name (artist name if any)
- Date of Birth
- Contact information
- Proof of Identity
- Education and Training
- A brief artist comment about his previous and current work
- proof of acceptance
- Artist proposal
- Artist Statement concerning his previous and current work
- Letter of reference
- Artist budget for the proposed work
- A list of all the received awards and prices in the past years