The application period for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship is currently open to eligible students. It is an all-student, completely funded scholarship provided by the Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB).
The Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship is open to international students from all over the world who are interested in pursuing postdoctoral research at Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) during the academic year 2023–2024.
Each scholarship applicant will be paid a consultancy fee based on the size of the consulting project. The fee cannot exceed 10,000 euros for the entire Scholarship period.
Foreign and Austrian experts with postdoctoral research experience in economics and finance are sought after by the scholarship program.
Candidates must be actively employed by a research institution in Austria or abroad, and they should be keen to broaden their areas of interest in research and build their personal networks of researchers in an era of increasing global research mobility.
Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship Value
Benefits of receiving the Scholarship include:
- Depending on the scope of the consulting work, each scholarship recipient will receive a consulting fee. The total cost for the duration of the Scholarship cannot be more than EUR 10,000. (net of value-added tax).
- All rights of the scholarship recipient against the OeNB shall be satisfied by this fee.
- The applicable sales tax rate, which is presently 20%, will be charged to the consultant fee if the consulting services are subject to value-added tax.
Consider the following criteria in order to qualify for Scholarship:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- To be eligible, an applicant must have earned a PhD or an equivalent degree, published scholarly work in the disciplines specified in the scholarship application call, and conducted scientific research in those fields.
- There is no restriction on applicants’ nationality or age.
- Only natural individuals who submit applications will be considered. Under the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship program, more than one scholarship cannot be requested.
- Candidates must have a solid reputation as subject matter experts with experience in economic research and be well-integrated within their research community.
- Both at the time of application and during the period of the scholarship, candidates must provide proof of ongoing employment with a research institution.
- Candidates are ineligible to reapply if they have already received a Scholarship through the program. No consideration will be given to requests for renewal either.
- Staff members of the European Central Bank or any of the other central banks that make up the ESCB are not eligible for scholarships.
The application for the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship will come to end by October 31, 2022.