Western National Scholarships are intended to honor distinction in all areas. They are given to candidates (local and international) with exceptional academic records who exhibit a desire for learning as well as the capacity for original and creative thought. National Scholarships also honor outstanding accomplishment in extracurricular pursuits including the arts and sports. A candidate’s dedication to community service as demonstrated by ongoing contributions to school and community life is given additional consideration. continue reading for more information about Western University Undergraduate National Scholarships- in Canada.
Scholarship Awarding University:
Type of degree:
Scholarship Application Deadline:
Scholarship Application Eligibility
In order to be considered eligible for this application, such applicant must:
- Have citizenship in Canada or be a permanent resident (international students are only eligible for the International President’s Entrance Scholarships).
- have received a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 90% across all of your Grade 12U/M courses (or equivalent).
- To be eligible for consideration for these scholarships, submit an application for admission to Western University’s main campus.
- Must have Registered as a full-time student.
- Financial necessity is a consideration when awarding the Beryl Ivey Continuing Entrance Scholarship. Students must submit a separate application in addition to the National Scholarship application in order to be considered.
Additional information: Make sure your application for admission has been sent to the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) and that you have listed Western’s main campus as one of your choices. Online applications are accepted for the National Scholarship Application. The OUAC reference number is necessary to access the online National Scholarship application. By the deadline of February 14, 2023, the online National Scholarship application and all accompanying materials must be sent in. If supporting paperwork is sent by mail, it must arrive at Western by the deadline of February 14, 2023, not when it was postmarked.
Western University Undergraduate National Scholarships Value
The following are the values assigned to the Western National Scholarships:
Awards for President’s Entrance
(A) 1 is priced at $70,000 ($25,000 for the first year, and $15,000 every year from years two to four).
4 at $65,000 ($20,000 for year one, $15,000 per year for years two through four), Up to 15 at $50,000 ($20,000 for year one, $10,000 per year for years two through four) and
(B) Beryl Ivey Continuing Entrance Scholarship One, valued at $72,000, is payable over four years at a rate of $18,000 per academic year.
(C) international president’s entrance scholarships
Three at $50,000 ($20,000 for the first year, and $10,000 each year for the next two to four years)
(D) Entrance scholarships for faculty
Up to 15 at $30,000 ($12,000 during the first year, $6,000 every year from years two to four)
(E) National Scholarship Awards for Study Abroad
Up to 39 at $2,500 for a single term of up to 4 months, and $5,000 for longer terms (more than one term)
(F) National Merit Awards
When a student accepts an offer of admission to the main campus after being interviewed for a national scholarship but is not given a national scholarship or a Schulich Leader scholarship, they will be given a one-year, $2,000 National Merit Award. However, recipients will continue to be eligible for an Admission Scholarship worth between $2,500 and $8,000.
Scholarship Application Guide:
- To be taken into consideration for the National Scholarship Program, such applicants needs to be nominated by their school. Each school is responsible for deciding how to nominate students and how to choose the pupils who will receive nominations. Up to 4 students may be nominated for the National Scholarship Program by each institution.
- Fill out the online National Scholarship Application if you’re a Canadian student or the foreign application.
- Fill out the essay prompt and submit it as directed on the scholarship application.
- submit your high school diplomas (to be provided by school)
- Send Letter of Reference (from school)
- you must also submit the Beryl Ivey Continuing Entrance Award Supplemental Application along with the National Scholarship Application, if you want to be considered for the Beryl Ivey Continuing Entrance Award.
complete National Scholarship Application Checklist
- Online National Scholarship Application
- School Nomination
- Transcript (to be provided by school)
- Reference Letter (from school)
- Application for the Beryl Ivey Continuing Entrance Award Supplement. If you want to be considered for the Beryl Ivey Continuing Entrance Award, you must also submit this form along with the National Scholarship Application.
For more enquiries, please reach out to Western University Undergraduate National Scholarships board on the following contact information:
National Scholarship Program
Room: 1120 Western Student Services Building
1151 Richmond Street
London, Ontario, CANADA
Tel: 519-661-2111 ext 85958