Every Filipino who satisfies the eligibility and requirements listed on this page is now eligible to apply online for the Tertiary Education Subsidy, TES Scholarship for the academic years 2022 to 2023. Learn more about the program’s advantages below.
The Tertiary Education Subsidy, or TES (in abbreviated form), strives to uphold the clause of Republic Act 10931 that guarantees all eligible Filipinos have access to a quality education.
Due to this, all qualified students are given fully funded scholarships to pursue postsecondary education through State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) and Local Universities and Colleges that have received CHED recognition (LUCs). Additionally, students who want additional financial aid may apply for a short-term loan.
In other words, the main goal of the TES Scholarship program is to provide financial assistance to Filipino students by offering free education and short-term loans to those who require them.
The RA 10931 divides programs into four categories, which are as follows:
- Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES)
- Free Higher Education (FHE)
- Student Loan Program for Tertiary Education Short-Term (SLPTE-ST)
- Free Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
TES Scholarship Benefits
- SUCs, CHED-recognized LUCs, and quality-assured private higher education institutions are where undergraduate students are enrolled (HEIs) NOTE: Prioritization and financial resources are factors.
- The maximum reward available to program grantees enrolled in private HEIs per academic year is P60,000 (TES 1 + TES 2), whereas grantees enrolled in SUC or LUC are eligible to P40,000 (TES 2).
TES 1 – for educational expenses such as tuition
TES 2 – for additional education-related costs
Additional Benefits for TES scholarships:
TES 3a– disabled individuals (PWD): P30,000 per year
TES 3b – Board or license examination: maximum one-time refund of P10,000.
- keeping the improved student grant-in-aid program in place for recipients of poverty relief enrolled at SUCs;
- ongoing TES student grant recipients;
- As long as they reside in the municipality or city where the private HEI is located, students have the privilege of enrolling in private HEIs situated in places without SUCs or LUCs recognized by CHED;
- Listahan 2.0 or the most recent National Household Targeting System for Poverty Reduction of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) includes students enrolled in the TES program who are members of households;
Students who are not a part of Listahan 2.0 but who are eligible based on supplied document of proof of income, as decided by the UniFAST Board, when ranked according to anticipated per capita home income.
How much is the TES Scholarship?
₱ 20,000.00 per semester/ ₱40,000.00 in every academic session
Required Documents for TES scholarship Program 2022-23
The following documents are required of all applicants for the TES program; failing to deliver them in full will result in instant disqualification.
- Assessment of fees;
- Certificate of Registration/Enrollment; and
- PWD ID, if applicable.
NOTE: A certificate of residency is required for students in TES Category 3.
The 2022 TES scholarship deadline is 1st December 2022.
how to apply TES scholarship 2022-2023
- Go to the CHED-TES scholarships portal
- Create a profile for free.
- Log in and enter the necessary information and documents.
- Application submitted; awaiting response
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you know if you are a TES grantee?
The following students are eligible to receive Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES) for Academic Year 2022-2023: According to the estimated per capita household income, those who are a part of the households listed in the Listahanan 2.0 are ranked.
Is TES same as UniFAST?
UniFAST is a division of CHED, also responsible for carrying out the Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES) program and Free Higher Education (FHE) provisions of Republic Act 10931, also known as the Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act.
Is TES scholarship still available 2022?
Application for the UniFAST-Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES) for the academic year 2022–2023 is now open. Regarding Republic Act (RA) 10931, often known as the Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act, and its Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES).