The Louise McKinney scholarship can help you gain financial assistance to fund for your education. Learn everything you need to know about the scholarship program, such as the qualifications needed to apply, the amount of the scholarship, the required paperwork, the deadline for applications, the application process, and the selection criteria.-Louise McKinney Post-secondary Scholarship
Overview of the Louise McKinney scholarship
the Louise McKinney Post-secondary Scholarship was established In Louise McKinney’s memory. It motivates students to continue in their undergraduate or graduate programs of study by rewarding them for their academic achievement.
The two different categories of Louise McKinney Post-secondary Scholarships are described on this page.
1. Louise McKinney Post-secondary Scholarship
Scholarship Value = $2,500
Number of Scholarships: Up to 1,450 scholarships are granted each and every year.
Eligibility Criteria for Louise McKinney Post-secondary Scholarship
For one to be considered in the Louise Mckinney Post-secondary Scholarship, he must:
- be a citizen of Canada or a protected person, or a permanent resident (visa students are not eligible),
- A minimum of 3.2 GPA is required to be eligible for the scholarship. The applicant’s GPA between September and April of the preceding academic year must be at least 3.2.
- be an Albertan citizen. One of the following conditions must be met in order to be regarded as an Alberta resident:
- At least one parent or legal guardian must have been a permanent resident of Canada for a period of at least 12 consecutive months, before the student can begin post-secondary courses, or
- The student last resided in Alberta for a continuous period of 12 months before beginning college or university, or
- Prior to enrolling in college or university, the student’s spouse or partner spent a continuous 12 months residing in Alberta as a permanent resident.
- Be a full-time student in their second or subsequent year of an undergraduate or professional degree at an Albertan post-secondary institution that is publicly financed,
- must meet the college’s or university’s standards for academic standing.
A Louise McKinney Scholarship may not be available to Applicant/students who:
- have received a Jason Lang Scholarship nomination during the same academic year
- are enrolled in graduate school
- are either an apprentice
- are upgrading.
How to Apply – Application Procedure!
To learn more about the application process and the application deadline, contact the Student Awards Office.
96Send your application to your postsecondary institution’s Student Awards Office.
Your academic performance will play a role in selection. There are a limited amount of scholarships available to each school, and each institution has a different application date.
If you have any inquiries regarding the application process for scholarships at specific schools, contact the Student Awards Office.
To discover out if they are still eligible, students who want to change schools or programs can speak with the awards office at the current school.
In-province students are nominated by the Student Awards Offices at the public post-secondary institutions in Alberta that participate in the program:
- Publicly Funded Institutions
Candidates are urged to visit the websites of Alberta’s universities and colleges to learn more about the scholarships they offer. Other organizations also hand out scholarships and awards.
To get a list of the public post-secondary schools in Alberta, go to:
- Alberta’s Colleges and Universities
2. Louise McKinney Post-secondary Scholarship – Study outside Alberta
Number of Scholarships: Up to 1,450 scholarships are awarded yearly.
Requirements Eligibility for Louise McKinney Post-secondary Scholarship
- Be a permanent resident, or a citizen of Canada, or a protected person,(visa students are not eligible),
- Be an Albertan citizen. One of the following conditions must be met in order to be regarded as an Alberta resident:
- before the student begins post-secondary courses, at least one parent or legal guardian must have lived in Alberta continuously for at least 12 months.
- The student last resided in Alberta for a continuous period of twelve (12) months prior to enrolling in post-secondary education, or
- The spouse or partner of the student resides in Alberta.
- in their second or later year of an undergraduate or professional program, continue their full-time studies in a post-secondary institution outside of Alberta:
- during the preceding academic year, enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution outside of Alberta, and
- Alberta cannot sponsor the study program, and
- The student’s class rank places him or her in the top 2% of all those who enrolled in the same course the previous year.
Revocation of the Scholarship
Students are not eligible for a Louise McKinney Scholarships by doing the following
- in a graduate program,
- Currently upgrading.
- an apprentice, or
- enrolled part-time.
How to Apply – Application Process
Students from Alberta studying abroad are required to submit:
- a transcript of grades, and
- a letter from the registrar stating that their class is in the top 2% of the program’s enrollment for their most recent academic year, and
- a form that the applicant has completed the application
- Your transcript must bear an authentic seal or signature from your school or organization. This demonstrates that the material originates from your institution or school. No copies that have been faxed or copied will be recognized. To obtain their official transcripts, college or university students must contact their respective institutions.
- A 3.2 GPA is required to be eligible for the scholarship. The applicant’s GPA between September and April of the preceding academic year must be at least 3.2.
Application for this scholarship is between August 1 to January 15.
However, other organizations give out a lot of other scholarships. You are therefore recommended to Alberta’s public colleges and universities and learn more about the scholarships they provide. to visit their official website, Click here!
How do you get a Louise McKinney scholarship?
An applicant must fulfill all conditions and submit an application by the deadline in order to be considered for the Louise McKinney scholarships.
Please take note that candidates are immediately disqualified if they do not follow the application instructions.